Web2Py (formerly called Gluon) is a very cool concept. It's a framework very, very similiar to Django, except it has almost zero configuration, and allows you to create and develop your applications entirely online. It does a LOT for you, and kind of runs on Google App Engine.
web2py on the Google appengine from mdipierro on Vimeo.
I'm always sceptical of frameworks that does lots of stuff for you in enourmously elegant ways, because they normally stop being elegant the minute you want to do something a little more custom. That said, the idea of getting this entire shabang running on Google App Engine, allowing you to do your entire development for App Engine in a browser, is a very funky idea. Web2py is worth keeping an eye on.
- Proper Unit Testing of App Engine/Django
- Google App Engine: The Book
- Unit Tests for Google App Engine
- How to check out the latest version of Django usin...
- Uploading files to App Engine via Django ModelForm...
- Getting random entities from the DataStore
- FileField not working?
- Mutual Model relations
- Even faster websites
- Google I/O videos about app engine
- How-to: Full-text search in Google App Engine
- web2py: A first look from me
- ▼ juni (14)