App Engine Guy
A blog about one guys quest to learn Python, Django and Google App Engine.
söndag 28 december 2008
måndag 18 augusti 2008
Found this little gem linked from TechCrunch today.
Speed matters. When Google tried adding 20 additional results to their search pages, traffic dropped by 20%. The reason? Page generation took an extra .5 seconds. This article will show how Eventseer utilizes an often overlooked way of improving the responsiveness of a web application: Pre-generating and serving static files instead of dynamic pages.
måndag 11 augusti 2008
I've been way too hard at work on SlurpBOX to notice, but the fine App Engine Helper for Django guys have made a new release! See the top item in the release notes? I found that bug! :P Go download.
Wed 6 August 2008
This is the last version of the Google App Engine Helper for Django that will support Django 0.96. Future development of the helper will be targetted for the upcoming 1.0 release of Django.
- Improved SDK detection on Windows by looking at both the PATH variable that may be set by the installer and using the win32api module (if available) to look for the SDK in the default Program Files location.
- Replaced the startapp command with a version that installs an App Engine Compatible application skeleton. Patch contributed by Andi Albrecht.
- Changed the default runserver port to 8000 to match standard Django behaviour. Path contributed by Waldemar Kornewald
- Email server settings from the Django settings file are provided to the App Engine Mail API. Patch contributed by Waldemar Kornewald
- Added support for the Django memcache cache backend. Patch contributed by Jonca Rafal.
- Added support for the Django session middle with db and cache backends for Django 1.0alpha only. Patches contributed by Jonca Rafal and Waldemar Kornewald
- Moved the Django compatible login_required decorator to the standard Django location. Patch contributed by Andi Albrecht
- Replaced the Django ModelForm class with the App Engine ModelForm class
- Added a repr implementation for the BaseModel class
- Many minor improvements to increase robustness and avoid errors if portions of Django are not present.